Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tis the Season...

Well, Merry Christmas!! I am sitting in a cafe. I started off with a red rooibos espresso but it just didn't cut it! I needed the real stuff! So here I am on the 21st of Dec and it is cloudy with a touch of sunshine~ Strange times we are having! I am certainly not complaining though!! I really love being able to go out and with summer tires, I would be home bound in the snow!

I have no desire to be home bound as I always love this time of year, but I am realizing that living in someone else's place makes it feel less authentic. I miss having my own decorations up and my own space to drink a glass of wine while watching a Christmas special all snuggled up on the couch. Hot choco with a dash of grand marnier is also a favorite! Regardless, I get stuck in my room (by choice, since I prefer my own company when at home)and without the usual Christmas cheer I am used too~ The same cd is playing over and over here at the cafe, I have been here an hour and it has already played 4 times so I have my youtube site playing my alternative playlist. I love social networks! (I really should be doing my English assignment, but this blog and every other social network has been a great distraction for me :)

I have been quite busy over the past few months with theatre. I had been doing the light and sound for a play, over the hills and through the woods, where I also helped with make up. I also did make up for a show in abby called remember me, then helped with a play in Surrey Snow white and the 7 vertically challenged excavators. I was so happy and so busy, then nothing. no shows. It has been really boring without it! When I was doing the shows I was busy and so I found more motivation to get things done, I found my reason to wake up everyday. I can't wait for the new year so I can get back into it!!!! I am looking forward to the day I get into a play acting! Or on T.v :) That would be even more wonderful!! Working along side of some babe! lol! I guess I should just say that although it has been quiet for the past two weeks, I have really found my art again and that makes me really happy! I have been painting, and creating, writing, working in the theatre community and working on my book! I haven't enjoyed life this much in many years!!!I am excited to sing Christmas carols with one group in two days!! FVGSS It will be so fun to sing and be a part of something so wonderful!!! Maybe that will bring the Christmas cheer too!

Well, enough of my babbling!! I hope you find a way to enjoy the holiday and to be happy everyday regardless of your situation!!

No comments: