Friday, September 17, 2010

The Journey...

I am learning so much! Creating this book was a means to cope with the death of my grandmother, but it has become bigger than anything I had ever imagined. This book will help so many people in so many different ways. I have people from all walks of life waiting for it to be published. Teachers, mothers, fathers, daughter, doctors, nurses, neighbors, paramedics, friends, family, councilors, writers, readers, runners.... the list goes on and on.

The truth is, I have wanted to publish these books for so many years and yet, knowing what I know now, the timing just wasn't right.

Thanks to a Jack Canfield's book 'The Success Principles' the ball really got going, but it has been a two and a half year journey from the day I met Karen Higginson in LLI. That day changed my life. That was my first day of the process of waking up from the slumber I was in. I wanted more and she was the first person put into my life to set me on the right path. There are others that don't have any idea that they were inspirational, like Quinton Carlin, Shannon Lavinia, Tony Rush and Rachael Oliver... They were the people that pushed me everyday even through the disbelief that sat in my heart. Later there were others one in particular who is still in my life, Lacey Elliot. What a wonderful woman! There are still others, close friends who were wonderful as well, but on the large scale it was the people who were out of touch and larger than life that pushed me and inspired me in ways that those close to me didn't know how.

So after all the big Guru's and their guidance that I couldn't seem to put to work, I finally realized that you can't be successful and happy if you don't like what you are doing. So what did I love to do? Write... that simple, but the other rule was that you HAVE to give back or it won't work! and not just a little, but with your whole heart until it becomes the focus!

I found my calling. I always wanted to help people and I have the biggest love for children, but I always figured that in order for me to help others I had to first be successful. I was wrong! I am successful, everyday I succeed at something. Now what am I going to do to help others!!!

What I learned from all of those amazing people was that first you must hold gratitude for everything in your life and secondly

In order to HAVE the things you want to have and to DO the things you desire to do, you first have to Be the person you want to be!

And so it is that Jacob finally came to life!

2 comments:

Lahn said...

I am so glad you have found your passion, that is, writing and using that gift in positive, helpful ways for others. It's inspiring! Wishing you many wonderful blessings as you continue on your purposeful journey.

Miss Jessica Bouchard said...

Thank you! I appreciate the input!!! Have a wonderful weekend!