Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keep on Writing...

You know how the world is so material. Well, I grew up poor and with a great desire to be wealthy so that I could have all the desires of my heart. And now at 35 I realize that I have had it all backwards. Yes, it is great having money and being able to do all the things one desires, but I spent years, I mean years accumulating things so that I could be surrounded with stuff that I loved so that I didn't feel poor. And if fact, working away all those years I lost my art. I lost my desire for life, Not that I wished death upon myself, but that I wanted to curl up in a ball and lose myself in television and mindless activities when I wasn't working. Now, I am awake, as though my spirit has been reawaken from a slumber deep as that of sleeping beauty. I feel drawn once again to the simplicity of life so that I am not burdened with things. So that I may travel and write and live in nature and go on road trips and live bondage free.

I think if I owned my own home I would easily have more peace and feel less bound, but to have to lug everything I own around with me on every endeavor that I have. It begins to feel like a ball and chain tied to my waste and I can hardly leave my dark and cold basement suite to enjoy the sunshine because I am stuck in a comfort zone of laziness. I am considering to put all of my 'things' in storage so that I may be free to travel around lite without any baggage without the weight of the world on my shoulders. I will be able to go anywhere to promote my book and not worry if I have lost anything along the way. I will find random places to sit and write and I will meet wonderful characters for my books. This sounds like a free way to live. I feel good about it the way have felt before about other journeys and trips that I have taken... We shall see if I truly follow through with this one!

So, I have once again found my art. I am alive and excited to, as Jaysen said, keep on writing. It doesn't matter if it is in my blog or facebook or a letter to a friend or my mother or my journal, I must just keep on writing!

I am blown away by the fact that my book will be for sale this Oct. 'My Friend Jacob'. It is a wonder why I never did this before. The feeling of success is full inside of me. I feel alive again.

Thank you for sharing this with me :)

2 comments:

Bodhirose said...

It's interesting that you are speaking about living lighter and freer, Jessica. I have been having very similar thoughts lately.

Even though I don't have a great deal, what I do have seems to be holding me back somehow. You're always having to manage your stuff--cleaning the stuff, storing the stuff, reorganizing the stuff. I think I could do with less "stuff"!

I liked seeing that you had a spiritual awakening and are looking for something more "real" in life. It is exhilarating isn't it!

Much success to you with your book and your life!

Love,
Gayle

Miss Jessica Bouchard said...

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I better get back to writing, I have put it off for awhile... ttyl

Kisses~