Thursday, December 22, 2011

Umm, yes, there was Thanksgiving... And now Christmas!

Well, it sure has been awhile~ once again!

It turns out, that there was a thanksgiving after all. My brothers decided against the cancellation of such a wonderful holiday so we managed a lovely setting at my mamma's house. There were homemade turkey name tags and table settings, A cozy murmur of chit chat and children and a glowing mamma as she entertained all us kids and grand kids at her place.  And it was wonderful~

It is funny how things turn out! I had desired it and it manifested! The truth be known, I LOVE the holidays!! All of them! I always look forward to my sister showing off her cooking skills and my brothers bonding while the sisters, mamma and I all gossip about random (and sometimes quite boring) everyday life things. I love how mom always wants to help and all the kids run around showing off toys, battle moves, reading skills and building Lego houses (which I tend to take part in at every visit as well).

And that's just mom and my siblings part of the family~ On dad's side (a big french Canadian family) we all gather at an aunties place, and we feast! (we had a thanksgiving there as well, but Pepere wasn't there so it wasn't quite the same). We gather and chat about what new endeavors life has brought us since our last family gathering and even more kids run around doing their own things, (always loving the attention of anyone who will listen!) and I'll be honest, I really love having each and everyone of them in my life!

Next is Christmas. It is right around the the corner! I am so excited! I have been invited to one sister's home for an open house (she was just recently engaged to a wonderful man while off in Hawaii) on Christmas eve, Christmas day consists of Coffee with mom, Presents with dad's family, a quick stop at my adopted families house, then to my other sister place for dinner with mom and more siblings (and their children). Boxing day, stopping off at adopted grammy's home on the way to my third brothers place for another holiday dinner~

Now tell me~ Do I sound deprived? lol! Not one morsel!! I am so excited! I think that perhaps not having children or even a partner (not interested in either at the moment) that I am more inclined to love it like a child, wanting more of it in my life! I love the hustle and bustle (and being able to give the kids back) then winding down in a peaceful home in whatever manner I so choose without having to be considerate of someone else in my space~ *sigh* I know, how selfish! lol!

I have just finished a hot mocha made with espresso, carnation hot chocolate, and milk~ I intend on being up for awhile. Maybe I will write a little more or perhaps I will attempt to draw~

I can't believe Christmas Eve is in two sleeps!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: