Friday, July 30, 2010

New Begining for an Old Book~

Hi!

Well, where to start? I am still wandering...as I don't have a permanent place to live at the moment, but all the while, sad and yet, wonderful things are happening.

Several years ago, about 9 or ten to be more exact, I wrote three children's books. I then stuck them into a box and left them for a rainy day when I felt ready to publish them. Maybe when I became less afraid of success..

Recently, I went to a memorial of someone very special to me. Bob Enoch. Bob, died of cancer. He was like a father to me; when mine wasn't around. He took me under his wing and taught me how to enjoy life, music and people. His son is like a brother to me, even if we haven't kept in close touch over the years until recently.

While I was there, at the memorial, I had met up with another friend who recently had a tumor removed from his brain. I had known for sometime, but to be in his presence made the impact all the more real. I was emotionally taken aback. I had at that moment remembered a children's book I once wrote about cancer. I think I wrote it around the time my memere passed away from cancer, but it went into the infamous box of un-published stories. I realized that he was similar to the character in the book in the way that he was joy to everyone around him. At that moment I knew I had to dedicate the book to him (and to all the wonderful people in my life who are suffering or have passed on because of this horrible dis ease). The funny thing is I have since realized that my real dads wife is suffering from cancer as well, and yet she likes being a ray of shining light to everyone around her too! Strange isnt it, how termoil brings out the best in humans who have learned about love...

Two nights later there was a fundraiser for this friend of mine. I was part of it. Later that night I was restless and got up around 3 am to realize that I had to do more than just dedicate that book, I had to help raise money for him to get better treatment and to help pay for some of their (him and his wife) bills.

So that became my focus. Since then I have had a string of events come along and help me get to the stage I am at now of publishing my first book.

It will be published in Oct. I will be donating part of profit to to my friend on his journey to recovery as well as children with cancer; after looking online at pictures of children with cancer, I want this to happen even more than ever! What a horrific sight! I feel so much pain in my heart for those children and their families. I hope to be able to make a difference even in some small way.


I am so excited to be a part of something so much bigger than me!


Thank you for your support in buying the book when it is published in Oct.

*sigh* Sorry about being such a downer, but this is the beauty and the sadness of this reality

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear, i didn't know you have a blog but now it's easier for me stay in touch with you even we can't see each other.
This book project is wonderful, now you found the necessary push to publish it and to give it his reason.
If u want, in oct. when it will be printed, send me some copies so i can try to sell it at the Brio Bar, even if in english.
Ah, and thank u for this blog, finally i have newly a possibility to excercise my english!
A great hug, like always,
Francesca

Miss Jessica Bouchard said...

Thank you my friend! It will be for sale online so anyone anywhere in the world can buy it. I also dedicated it to Francesco Lucreziano along with a few other ppl who have been affected by the disease. I think they will want you to sell it in Gaeta so I will try to have copies sent for sure! I will sign them for you too! :) I miss you amica mia

Un bacio, Jessica~