Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Artist in me is born!

Well, it is rather interesting to me how life has, in a way, taken a bit of a circle back to the beginning.

What I mean is that, as a child, I wanted to grow up and be a writer, artist and an actress! (Although; when I was a child I wanted to be an actor since they were both the same back then)

I have since my childhood (during my teens) had the opportunity to experience all of the above. I was in photography, fine arts, acting (I participated in school plays), and I excelled in English.

In my late teens and early twenties, I was in a community play, as well as I wrote for a local magazine. I am currently writing for a children's magazine in small doses, but I went on to work hard at everything except what I truly desired to do because I thought I needed to make money in order to really enjoy the arts. I obviously had it backwards and wasted several years chasing an empty dream.

Around 10 years ago, as I mentioned in the previous blog, I wrote some children's story books, but I left them in a book in a box waiting patiently for me to wake up and realize the truth of my existence!!!

Now, not only have I started to prepare the words of my book for publication, but I have decided to go so far as to do my own artwork!!! My own illustrations!! This is wild and crazy and exciting all at once!

I have a pen name that I had always wanted to use for my writing, and yet, wanted my own name on the book as well, so Now I see that my pen name will be used for the illustrator!! How exciting!

The only thing left is the acting! So I guess I will be working on that next! In the meantime, it truly is a wonderful experience to follow my childhood dream! To take a risk, to pursue the happiness I always new would be there if I just reached out on a limb!

I am truly excited to have you join me on this journey, and I hope I am an inspiration for you to take a moment to remember what it is that you really desire to do, and to take that leap of faith to go for it!! We only have one life and one chance! Don't look back with regret on what could have been! Just go for it!

My mother is in her 50's and is finally pursuing her dream as an artist! She paints and she paints beautiful and meaning filled paintings! It is never too late to follow your heart!

No comments: