Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Patience is a virtue...

So that fact that patience is a virtue would lead me to believe that I need to really just enjoy the ride that life is giving me. We must remember that if we have a plan to do or be someone or something in this lifetime,we must do the best that we can at whatever we are doing everyday and know that the universe (God) will put everything in place for us so that as we go along, the right people and the right things and experiences will reveal themselves as we need them to accomplish our ultimate goal.

I had a personal deadline for myself to have the artwork finished for my book by last Wednesday, but it is now nearly this Wednesday and it is still not complete!! It takes time to create beauty :) I realized that in order for me to do well, I need to enjoy the process and in order to enjoy the process, I need to take my time. In order for me to get things done by the deadline I planned I would have to speed up the process and and lack some detail. The fact is that I want the quality and I want to enjoy the process so it will have to take longer than anticipated.

Now, with all that being said, I also need to realize what I constantly tell everyone else, that everything happens exactly the way it's supposed to and in the timing that is supposed to, so just enjoy the process. I can not be anxious for tomorrow. I have an idea that I need my book to be done by a certain date and according to what the publisher said, I need to have everything submitted to them by last wed. Now if I just enjoy the process and hand in the work when it is finished (late or not) the universe will manipulate things around me so that my book will still be finished by the day that I need or He will change the circumstances so that the deadline will be extended and it will be OK because the surrounding circumstances will coincide!

Wow, I hope it made sense, because I wanted to share with you the way that I think so that when I don't panic or worry about these things, you are able to understand my reasoning, or if I do worry, then you can help to remind me of my own beliefs :)

Patience is a virtue and I love it when I have it. Life is so much more beautiful and joy filled! I hope you can share the same feelings about your life and enjoy the process in whatever it is that you are working on in your life, be it travel plans, a work project, spending more time with your children or an art project of your own!

Have a great week!

No comments: