Thursday, August 12, 2010

WOW! It's finally in!

So for the written record of blogville: My book, My Friend Jacob, is finally being published! I have submitted the manuscript and every other blurb needed (other than my self-portrait) and it will be ready sooner than anticipated!!!! OMGoodness!!!

This is truly exciting and while I write Neil Young's Harvest Moon plays. This song reminds me of Bob. When I was 16 I remember sitting around with him and other friends listening to this CD. It was one of his favorites! It is sad thinking that he isn't here to see my first book being published but I haven't forgotten his name in the dedication. I am sorry to lose him to cancer, he was a wonderful friend.

I am not sorry for taking a moment to remember a friend, but I hope that I haven't damped your mood if you are excited for me. It really is a wonderful experience and thinking about someone important to me is also a part of this experience. He would be very proud, I think especially because it is a book that is politically correct. He was a man who wanted the world to see clearly the truth rather than candy coating things. He wanted people to be aware and to help where help was needed. So today, I feel that the progress of my book is in celebration of his life and what he represented to those around him.

Strange how today's blog took a turn.

I am a writer. When someone asks me what do I do, I will respond. I am a writer.

I write for a children's magazine, Zamoof Mag, but this is more personal, it feels more concrete! SO watch out world! Here I come!

:)

No comments: